Awesome offbeat activities that you could experience in Mumbai post Fridays
There are a few agencies that provide amazing experience tours in Mumbai for a nominal fee. So why spend another weekend watching a 2 star movie at your nearest multiplex. Instead explore the strange but wonderful side of Aamchi Mumbai, this weekend:
- Go for a Romantic Cruise Date: Mumbai is a coastal city & yet people are unaware of breathtaking cruise options available in the city along the enthralling shores of Arabian Sea. Take a cabin cruiser or go full throttle with a luxury yatch dinner. No better way to make your better half feel special!
- Take a Bollywood Tour:: Mumbai is India’s L.A. & if you love Hindi movies you must take tours that explore Bollywood. Go behind the scenes, see your favorite stars at work, & explore the world movie making.
- Learn Business from Mumbai’s Dabbawalas: The word “Dabbawala” refers to the one who delivers fresh home-made food in lunch boxes to various offices within Mumbai. They are masters of a unique reference system that helps them in keeping count and records of each of the boxes. They deliver lunchboxes by traveling in local trains. The Dabbawalas are now a case study in management courses, so don’t miss a chance to know more about them.
- Go Fishing with Mumbai’s Fishermen: The original inhabitants of Mumbai were the Koli, who are a colorful community whose main occupation is fishing. The fishing tours in Versova allow you to experience fishing with the local fishermen and experience the unique culture of Koli community. You will get to meet the locals and learn their distinct style of dressing, food, language, and traditions.
5. Experience Jewish Heritage Tours: Jewish numbers in India have declined over time, and now they are a relatively minor religious group. You can still interact with this small community, who are active in Mumbai. On the curated Jewish culture tours, you’ll get to visit to the Tiphereth Israel Synagogue, which is the oldest synagogue in Mumbai, interact with Jewish people & learn about this community’s rich history and heritage.
Don’t weekends seem to just fly? The reality is that weekends really are not that short as they seem. Weekend is about 35% of the week-time, if you count from 7 pm Post Fridays to 7 am Monday morning. That’s a lot of time to not just relax, but also recharge yourself by engaging in fun filled experiences post Fridays.
Make this time count, as 35% of your week, every week should be no less than a vacation. Here’s how to make the most of your time Post Fridays:
- Say NO to office emails:
Official emails are the leading cause of ruining weekends. So try this once: lock up your laptop in some corner & uninstall your office email from your phone. Do this atleast 1 day Post Fridays. This way you will not just enjoy your weekend but you may also look forward to Monday!
- Be chore free & put off routine: Yes, don’t waste your precious weekend time repairing your microwave & fixing your fans & lights. Try to schedule household chores over weekdays & keep weekends free for fun!
- More Workout, More Sports: Sports is exercise disguised as fun. A little game of soccer or cricket on Sunday morning is the best way to complete your weekly exercise quota as well as to feel greatly energized for the rest of the weekend.
- Catch up with friends: Don’t wait for your friends to call you up. Pick up the phone on Friday 4’o clock & catch up with friends. Friends mean instant party. However, take it easy when you’re drinking. A little alcohol will help you relax — but don’t let it ruin the rest of your weekend with hangover.
- Plan for the Weekend: Treat your weekends like a vacation – to feel as recharged every Monday morning as you feel after every vacation. That means that you schedule what you want to do over the weekend, like pursuing a hobby or going out for an experiential meal or adventure activity. And all this planning can happen in just about 10 minutes online on Postfridays.com!
- Head Out: Switch off the TV, give a break to napping & go out. Vacation is not an indoor activity, so embrace the weather, put on your shoes & go-out. Don’t worry if you don’t have ideas on what to do – there’s Postfridays.com to help you figure that out!